Apple introduced its new iPad 9th Generation with a 100% recycled aluminium enclosure on Tuesday, September 14. The new iPad is now available to pre-order on http://www.apple.com/au/ and sales commenced in stores on Friday, 24th September. According to Apple, the iPad 9th Generation “gives users even more ways to work, learn, and connect at home or on the go.”
The latest iPad 9th Generation features a powerful A13 Bionic chip, better cameras, and retains its battery life throughout all day. The A13 Bionic chip delivers about a 20% performance increase over the earlier generation, bringing more versatility and capability into the new iPad. This reportedly makes the iPad 9th generation about 3 times faster than the most-sold Chromebook, and 6 times faster than the Android tablet.
The new iPad comes with a 10.2in Retina display with True Tone and a 12MP Ultra-Wide frontside camera with Centre Stage. The iPad has a starting price of AU$529, supports the intuitive iPad OS 15, Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard (with layouts for over 30 languages), and features twice the storage capacity of the previous generation. The iPad 9th generation begins with 64 GB of disk space, doubling the disk space of the earlier generation. A 256GB version is also on market for users who want to store more data, videos, photos, apps, and games.
Multitasking is even more intuitive on the latest iPad 9th generation, thanks to the iPad OS 15. This makes features like Slide Over and Split View more powerful and easier to explore and use. Hence, taking the productivity and versatility of the new iPad even further. Other interesting features include the new widget layouts, Quick Note, translate app, Live Text, FaceTime calls, and so on.
Price and Availability
- As stated above, pre-sale has already started on apple.com/store and within the Apple Store application in over 27 countries. Public sale commenced on Friday, 24th September.
- iPad 9th generation (Wi-Fi models) are on market with a beginning price of AU$499. iPad 9th generation (Wi-Fi + Cellular models) begins at AU$699.
- Both 64GB, as well as 256GB storage options, are available.
- The latest iPad 9th generation features the iPad OS 15, which is a powerful OS specially designed for the iPad.
- The Apple Pencil is not included in the product package but is on market for buying separately for AU$145.
- A Smart Keyboard is also available for buying separately for AU$235.
- A Smart Cover is available for iPad for $49. It is available in English lavender, white, and black.
The new iPad 9th generation is targeted at students and other individuals looking for a more affordable tablet. More so, customers who purchase the new iPad 9th generation (Wi-Fi + Cellular model) right from apple.com/store or via an Apple Store would get up to $200 back from T-Mobile/Sprint or Verizon using activation – though terms and conditions apply. Interested buyers can visit apple.com/shop/buy-ipad for eligibility requirements and other details. Anyone with an older version of the iPad can also exchange their present iPad and receive credit toward the new one.
Covers for the new iPad 9 will be available at iCoverLover soon – keep in touch.