Talking is way easier than typing when using your phone, that’s why smartphone building companies and experts have introduced and developed Voice- controlled AI assistants to make every smartphone user’s life easier and more convenient.
While getting good reviews from the public for the past couple of years during the global domination of the Smartphone industry, some of the few famous Smartphone – building companies have decided to create their own versions of these AI assistants, Siri, Bixby, Google now and Alexa.
Each of this voice-controlled AI assistants is owned each by different Smartphone companies. Apple developed their own very first AI Voice-controlled assistant, Siri. Bixby Voice, however, is designed and built for the latest Galaxy S8 from Samsung. Alexa, on the other hand, is from Amazon, which is currently used by different Android users of today. Lastly, the Google Now is for Android and is also a product from Google.
They all differ from their own set of features and regular capabilities, & each year, they’re being redesigned for further development, which mainly sparked up an issue to see which AI assistant is better, smarter and more user-friendly.
Each specific assistant generally supports its own specific device and applications, and vice versa.
Now, let’s talk one by one about most of the preferable features from each Voice control assistants
Siri – This voice assistant is specifically built for iOS, Apple’s most successful voice assistant and is now basically the most famous voice-controlled AI in the gadget industry.
Siri’s definite features make your life easier when using your iPhone, and by that, here are some of the important things that Siri can do:
- Calling, Texting, or emailing one of your contacts, Siri lets you feel that there’s no need to struggle when it comes to communication, which clearly makes communicating easier just by talking to Siri with specific commands.
- Launching a specific app, while Siri is completely flexible, you can always command it to open a specific app for you which totally frees you from opening an app manually.
- Playing your music for you, almost every voice control assistant is capable of doing this but Siri makes it even easier because of its precise information gathering senses.
- Getting directions is an important tool especially for travellers, and with the help of Siri, travelling is a lot easier and more accessible than it is.
- Setting Alarms, well who wouldn’t be much more alive to set an alarm without even going through your settings and doing it manually. Thanks to Siri, it’s a lot easier and comfortably, Hassle-free.
Bixby – This voice assistant is still a work in progress, currently made for the Galaxy S8, Bixby presents a lot of intriguing features that makes it potentially more functional than the competition. It’s still slowly improving from time to time, given the fact that it was later introduced this year for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 plus.
Getting a lot of reviews from its services, it definitely makes it a lot more challenging to be compared with more established assistants like Siri and Alexa.
Let’s take a look at some of its features that makes it potentially a top choice for the consumers. Here are some of the few features that are needed to be known from Bixby.
- It can update the rest of the apps from your phone, well Bixby is pretty powerful compared to other voice assistants, estimated from this feature alone.
- You can talk to Bixby, whenever you’re feeling alone or bored, talking to your own phone, with the help of Bixby is one way of having fun.
- Changing settings from your phone using Bixby, well this feature is enough to define how strong Bixby is stated from the depths of what it can do to make your smartphone’s life more convenient to handle.
- Bixby’s search function, whenever you need the help of searching for something on the internet with a more specific content, you don’t have to worry because Bixby’s searching function is stated to be pretty accurate with satisfying results.
Google Now – Lives up to its name, Google Now is one of the more ambitious evolutions of Google’s search software. It features an excellent performance when it comes to searching almost anything on the web. Making it as a top lead when it comes to searching, but aside from that, it also features a lot of elements that make it similarly progressive as the recent Voice control assistants in the market.
It Is made for Android phones with version 4.1 or higher. It’s one of the latest refinement of Google’s virtual assistant technology. It’s was mainly created for Android users which makes it more open to other virtual devices and 3rd party applications.
It’s a multi-functional application that delivers straightforward notifications in your very own grasp. From the weather to the public transport route back home and the new content on sites that you’ve visited recently.
Well, here are some of the bits that you need to know about Google Now:
- Keep your commute simple, just by entering your work address on the settings, Google Now lets you keep on track with the directions and the time that it takes to get to your destination.
- Stay up to date on Movies, Books, and Tv shows, clearly making a point of being essential when it comes to entertainment platforms, by providing up to date news literally about it.
- Get reminders Anytime, Anywhere, whenever you’re always on the go, Google Now never fails to let you know about the important things to do that you might miss while doing anything, it’s a smart feature that lets you be completely notified for the important stuff.
- Ask Google Now Anything, now this feature is by far the best thing that Google Now has to offer for you can ask anything to it, by voice communication, it completely deciphers each and every word to give that specific answer that is needed.
Alexa – Is Amazon’s very own Echo Speaker, which is a voice-controlled AI assistant with up to date upgrades and features. It’s not just your ordinary wireless speaker, for it uses nothing but the sound of your voice to be activated. It’s much more than what it is for it is capable of searching the Web, playing music, create to-do lists, shopping online, getting instant weather reports, and control almost anything and all while your smartphone stays in your pocket.
This voice control system features a lot of improved voiced control mechanisms for your smartphones while it continues to do stuff accurately, without even touching anything.
Well, here are some important things that Alexa can do, with the use of voice command:
- Make phone calls, (basically, landline calls), for Amazon steps up to bring back the feature of House phones by making a single call without even touching the phone. Just simply dictate the number of your contact and you’re instantly making a call.
- Control your Smart Home, now this feature is new, for it can control basically anything in your house that is Smart-functioning, like the lights, smart appliances, switches and more.
- Getting instant news, for Alexa covers you up with the latest news on the web, without even manually trying to open up your browser or your TV.
- Train Alexa to do practically anything else, well this is one of the most highlighted features from Alexa, for you can train it to do Smart-related functions and utilization in a Smart Home, (with the use of IFTTT), with your very own programmed Smart functioning commands.
Basically, any of these voice-controlled AI assistants represent their own uniqueness and capabilities, it’s just a matter of how you’d prefer to use it in any other circumstances in your daily situation. Coming from different companies, and progressively evolving from time to time, who knows who will top the best Voice controlled assistants in the current digital market, you decide!
But of course, you also need to make sure that you appreciate the best voice assistant that you have. As awesome as it can be to have it and take advantage of its awesome features, it would also be great if you have your smartphone in the best condition. One of the most effective ways of actually doing it is to have a phone cover. Here are some samples that you might want to consider.